Winter is here and that means a lot of home and office heating systems are experiencing problems. The heating unit stays idle for half a year and then when you turn it on, hidden problems suddenly are not hidden anymore.
Here are the most common problems Air Dynamics sees with heating systems.
1) Wear and tear. Simply put, the system is old and worn out. Nothing lasts forever. Your heating unit can rock along for 10, 15 or 20 years before it finally shows the results of age. When this happens, you can opt to repair it, but you’ll be looking at more and more repair bills down the road. If your unit is more than 15 years old, it’s time to look at a replacement from Air Dynamics.
2) Ignition and pilot problems. This is common in fuel-based heating systems. The pilot is turned off during the warmer months; there’s no need to burn fuel for heat in summer. When cooler temps come along, the pilot won’t stay lit or the igniter won’t always light. This is usually a quick fix, but it may also be an indicator of bigger problems. We’ll take a look and tell you what’s needed and what it will cost.
3) Not enough heat. This could be any number of problems. A common issue is a clogged filter. When was the last time you replaced the filter? If your filter is good, then the problem is something else. Air Dynamics will be glad to take a look and advise you on what needs to be done.
4) Frequent cycling. Again, a filter is a common problem here, but not the only one. Obstructed ductwork can cause this. During the water months, small animals can get into the ducts and make themselves at home. A nest is enough to block air flow. We’ll check and clean the ducts. Another problem is a bad thermostat. This is a quick check and a fast replacement for our expert crews.
5) Unusual noise. This can be any number of things. If the air mover is worn out, it can rattle and squeak. A clogged burner can make unusual sounds. If you hear any kind of noises that are louder than usual or new, call us so we can check things out.
Don’t let Old Man Winter get you down. Call Air Dynamics Heating & AC today for all of your heating problems. Contact 919-906-6221 to schedule your free estimate.