Welcome back to our blog as we all welcome spring. The pollen is out and the flowers are certainly starting to bloom in full. This means it is the perfect time to have the HVAC checked by our licensed, professional team.
Many may not realize all of the intricate parts and points that go into the HVAC system. There is much more than the thermostat and the unit outside. Here is a partial list of all of the parts of the system we at Air Dynamics check.
- Return unit – This is the part that sits outside. We will check the fan, fan motor and the interior parts to be sure they are in excellent shape and working condition.
- The main unit – Depending on where this is located will mean we will check it over. Most people’s unit is in the attic or a closet. We will review the motor and check for any defects.
- Flush the drain – All HVAC units have drains. This is why there is a puddle under your car each time you run the A/C – condensation builds up and falls. Your home HVAC system has a holding pan and drain to the outside that needs routine flushing because of algae build up. We will flush it completely and add some algae tablets to the drain as well.
- Inspect the duct work – We have previously blogged on this topic. Checking your duct work now is one of the most important times because of pollen build up. We will be sure your ducts are clean and in proper working order.
- Review and consultation – When we are done, we will talk everything over with you. Any problems will be discussed as well as suggestions on what to do. This may include some simple fixes like turning on fans or changing the thermostat. Regardless, our suggestions will help you save money and keep your home ready for the spring and summer.
Be sure to keep reading our blogs for future up and coming tips, and if you have any issues with your HVAC, contact us at Air Dynamics.